This is a deceptively simple but ‘honest’ exercise that every Follower should be able to do, but unless they have really mastered their Disassociative skills, their equilibrium, and their walk, it will rightfully challenge them. This was originally Truism 1110 however, the truism was left to the viewer to discover how this exercise could be of use and why it’s an absolute requirement that every Follower (and yes, Leads) master this skill.
The Instructions for the exercise are rather simple:
- Keep your torso facing forwards at all times. Do not under any circumstances allow your torso to ‘slip’ left or right.
- Raise your free foot behind the standing leg’s knee
- Disassociate/Apply Disassociation. This is not turning all at once, but rather a disassociative or segmented rotation. Torso 1st, Hips 2nd, Legs Feet 3rd.
- Drop free foot into collection without placing weight on the foot.
- Extend the free leg straight backwards, without crossing the body’s natural meridian (the longitudinal axis), licking the floor with the pad your foot as you do. Keeping contact.
- Transfer all of your weight to the new standing foot over the 1st Metatarsal.
Easier said, than done.
Pre-Requisites: It is assumed that you understand walking systems and that you have a complete understanding of your foundation and your disassociation. If you are uncertain about your understanding of these things, the videos below will help you with that process. Please understand these videos are not here to sell you soap, but rather to further and deepen your clarity around these very important topics: